This summer I was in Tokyo for the Do Over Anniversary, an LA party that my good friends started and I have been a resident for years now. While there, I had the urge to go to meet the creators of the new Aira synthesizer line for Roland. My friend, whom I still have yet to meet, Mr Gomi, set up the meeting.
So, as a fan and customer of Roland since 1984, I was absolutely geeked to be going. They greeted me and the main engineers came down from the factory as well to meet me and really pick my brain about the product.
I suggested doing an album exclusively using Roland Aira and older synths from the archives. They were excited!
The new gear is limitless since you can combine it with your computer and such. I however need to update my OS, so I was limited to the basics BUT that was a good thing. I focused on simple stripped down grooves and had a ball making the album!
Equipment used :
- Roland Aira MX 1 - for complete mix to Ableton
- Roland Aira TR-8 - for drums
- Roland Aira System 100-m - main drones and processing
- Roland Aira Scooper - added drone loops running into 100-m
- Roland JD 800 - lead synth in background
- Roland SH 101 - bass
- Roland JX 3P w/ PG200 - synths and textures
Produced and Mixed by King Britt at The Purple Room, Philly
Composed and Written by King Britt for Cosmic Lounge Music (ASCAP)